Pages

Thursday 27 January 2022

Back in the Swing

 As mentioned recently I've not made many cards since the beginning of the year but I think I'm back into the swing of things now which is just as well because I have such a lot of 'stuff' to use and enjoy.  Whilst thinking about what I could make the idea of using a die to dry emboss surfaced so I found a die suitable to use as a background and, once embossed, I left the die in place and inked through it in a few different colours.  I've also used the same die to lightly stencil a shadowy design onto the base card.  The next move was to die cut some layered flowers and leaves using heavy watercolour paper (300 gsm) and then inking the flowers using blending brushes.  Left the leaves white on this occasion as I didn't want to introduce green which might clash with the background colours.  A small piece of the same paper was coloured with ink before die cutting the sentiment and I drew around the outline of the die so that I could fussy cut a backing for it.  Once all this was done the card was fairly quick to put together.


Background - Tied Together die from Couture Creations
Flowers and Leaves - Beautiful Brushstrokes set Stampin' Up (retired)
Sentiment - Hey Birthday Chick set Stampin Up

7 comments:

  1. Your idea to stencil through a die is very clever and produced a beautifully designed card! Brilliant and beautiful at the same time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Val,
    that card looks awesome and such a beautiful coloourful design.
    Love the colours used they look so vibrant a lovely.
    Such a very beautiful stencil and card made with it.
    Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely card Val…like your colourful background, your lattice die is a perfect choice and the die cut flowers finish your card off beautifully

    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  4. A beautiful colourful card Val. I love the colours you've used.

    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like these colour together, I wouldn't think of them which is one of the best things about blog hopping!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That’s a very effective stunning card Val, all the elements tied together beautifully xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great technique and a fab background to set off your embellishments.

    Hugs, Sarn xxx

    ReplyDelete