Pages

Sunday 17 October 2021

Snippets Challenge #414

 Time to take myself off to the Playground for the latest challenge.  A super prize on offer this time and a guest designer with no less than three cards to inspire us.  When I cut into any patterned paper I always save the left overs, where possible with the pad or pack containing the originals - you never know when you might need just a tiny bit more of a favourite one when using the last  whole piece 😉.  For my card this time I've used some strips of Christmas paper from a previous year (not sure how long ago) but managed to find four strips just wide enough to cut some banners.  I also used snippets to cut the sentiment strip and the glitzy snowflakes..  Also I had a larger  white snippet which I trimmed to size before embossing with falling snow EF.  I did have to cut into a new sheet of red card for the outer layer and of course used a card blank.


Banners - DSP from Stampin' Up (retired), banner die from Creative Expressions
Greeting - stamp from Contempo Christmas, also SU (retired)
Snowflakes - dies from Crafter's Companion, Small snippet glitter paper from SU
Embossing - Falling snow embossing folder also SU 

9 comments:

  1. A fabulous banner snippets Christmas card Val.

    Bit nippy out there again today, so there's more hot chocolate available up in the Playground Treehouse.
    Hugs, Sarn xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great use of snippets Val…I love that SU sentiment

    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness Val this really is a perfect example of a snippets card! It's just lovely!

    Hugs

    Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow that’s a lot of snippets Val, and another lovely card, well done xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous card Val and a brilliant use of snippets. xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a greaat way to use up the strips that are left over after a project. I love it.

    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. what a lovely Christmas card great use of snippets.


    I am now a follower of your blog I would lo9ve for you to be one of my followers as well.
    Have a Blessed Night.
    Dottie

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great idea, simple but really effective and a perfect way to use snippets. x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a lovely card, Val. I like how the sentiment goes across the banners, Jo x

    ReplyDelete