Pages

Tuesday 5 January 2021

Cameo

I knew I had a set of cameo dies with ornate frames and also knew that one of them had two heads on it so decided to make maybe an Anniversary or Congratulations card. What is it they say about 'best laid plans' - when I came to assemble the components I realised that there were two female heads on the cameo so I changed the sentiment.at the last minute.  Started by die cutting the cameo in cream and the ornate frame from some card to tone with the large background piece.  A cream square was cut and embossed before trimming the panel and adhering them together.  Sentiment was stamped onto a piece of cream card which was then laid over a fancy shaped label.  This label is actually the same colour card as the large square but it actually appears darker in the picture.  Finally added two swirly corners at the bottom.


Cameo - die set from Tonic which includes three ornate frames and three cameos
Embossed Panel - Creative Expressions diamond hearts embossing folder
Corners - dies from Lea'bilities
Fancy Label - from a Sue Wilson die set

4 comments:

  1. A beautiful card Val, what a shame that the cemeo had two ladies heads it would have been perfect for an anniversary card.

    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a very pretty card Val.
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely die Val but as Sue said pity its not male and female but it still makes a lovely card....

    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  4. I missed this one Val .. .. .. very pretty and reminded me of the Wedgewood I received for my 21st birthday.

    Can you imagine giving pottery to a 21 year old nowadays!!

    Love Jules xx

    ReplyDelete