Pages

Sunday 2 August 2020

Needlework Theme

I was asked recently to make a card for someone who is particularly interested in sewing, patchwork and quilting so I had a trawl through my various stamps and dies etc to see what I could conjure up. I started by looking at Craft Artist and found a sewing machine image which I scaled and printed onto a piece of patterned paper.  One of the magazines a while back gave away a set of dies and stamps which were sewing related and I cut the thread reel and two 'patches' using that set.  The buttons were die cut using another die which I've had for ages.  Stork scissors cut in gold card from another ancient die.  Finally finished off with the numbers in gold on a banner - all placed onto some background papers which look somewhat like patchwork fabrics.


Main Image - printed using Craft Artist
Thread and Patches - using free die set from a magazine
Buttons - die cut using an ancient die from Stampin' Up
Scissors - die from Marianne
Numbers - Crafter's Companion (I think)

5 comments:

  1. Such a beautiful sewing themed card Val, I'm sure it was loved by the person who received it.

    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This turned out fabulous and will be such a welcomed card for someone who loves quilting and sewing! Love all the sewing elements, especially those gold scissors! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. perfect card for a someone who sews Val...great embellishments too

    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Val

    Right up my street. I love sewing machine and typewriter images!!

    Great layout and embellishemtns. The scissors look real!

    Hope you had a good weekend.

    Love Jules xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the way your card has turned out. Perfect for a sewing addict. My sister is one too and her birthday is in September. Hugs Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete