Pages

Tuesday 19 May 2020

Wild Flowers

Yesterday I spent some time using Distress Oxide inks to colour up a couple of pieces of watercolour paper, then couldn't decide what to do with them so they were left on my desk and I sat down and did some crochet instead.  Today I decided I really must get motivated to see what they could be used for and I settled on die cutting some flowers and foliage.  Luckily I'd coloured a piece using greens and the other in various pinks, mauve and yellow.  The butterfly background was a piece from a quite old pad from Sizzix (Tim Holtz) and I added a strip of die cut lace and a Birthday greeting before arranging the leaves and flowers, tying a bow in some jute string to finish it off.  I still have some of the inky pieces left so they will probably appear on another card or two before too long.

Quite a dull start to the day today but now the sky is blue and the sun is shining again.


Flowers - Wildflower Stems #2 Sizzix Thinlits
Lace - Crochet dies Sizzix Thinlits
Sentiment - Stamper's Anonymous stamp set Tim Holtz
Background - Kraft Resist, Tim Holtz Idea-ology


2 comments:

  1. I love this gorgeous card Val, theres such a vintage feel to it.

    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Val

    The wildflower dies are new to my collection and I am loving them and am trying to come up with different ways to use them. Loving the oxide inks on yours here.

    Perfect background too.

    Hope it isn't too warm for you today.

    Love Jules xx

    ReplyDelete