Pages

Friday 20 March 2020

Shaker Card

I can't remember when I last made a shaker card but having done this one I realise it is a bit of a faff, so that's probably the reason why.  This particular one is a CASE from one made as a magazine sample by the clever Jules using a set of freebie dies and stamps which came with Cardmaking and Papercraft #206.  She was featured in this issue and has made a lovely selection of cards demonstrating various ways of using the freebie.

As I'm well within the category of 'oldies' who have been asked to stay indoors and avoid people I'm so glad that I have so many interesting things I can be doing to keep myself occupied - beats daytime TV any day!!   I'm probably going to have to clear a space to store the cards I'm making and just hope I don't run out of raw materials ... or ideas.


Papers - from Stampin' Up in my scraps box
Dies and Stamps - free set with magazine and by Crafter's Companion.


2 comments:

  1. Love your shaker card its beautiful with all the confetti in the balloon it looks fine to me. I have only ever made one but it was so long ago I keep meaning to have another go,mybe I will get around to it while staying at home more..
    Babs x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Val

    Your card is lovely .. .. so pleased I inspired you to make one! Love those fancy sequins!!

    As for being asked to stay indoors, I had a conversation with my youngest son this week and we both decided that if we were confined to our homes for even 4 years we would be more than happy! But it is surprising how many folk wouldn't even be able to stand 4 days!! We both have more than enough to keep us occupied for far longer than 4 years even .. .. but we might need some food delivering and the odd toilet roll!!! We are both very happy with our own company .. .. but that will never be .. .. certainly not whilst Mum needs my help and company. She certainly isn't happy that we aren't going out at the moment. These are certainly very scary times.

    As for you running out of crafty supplies. If you do then give me a shout. There are a mountain of snippets here just waiting to be turned into creations!!!

    Take care.

    Love Jules xx

    ReplyDelete