Pages

Saturday 1 February 2020

Books

This week seems to have gone by in a flash but I do have a card to share today.  I've used another piece of the card which I embossed and coloured in an inky session with male cards in mind although I think this one would work for anyone really.  The books and sentiment were stamped onto scraps of watercolour paper and the colouring done using Distress inks and a water brush.  The embossed card was also coloured using Distress inks and gilding wax added afterwards for definition and a bit of subtle glitz.  The background is a piece of script paper and I've added a cog which has been embossed and gilded after die cutting.  In case you are wondering - the sentiment is deliberately 'messy' because that's how it stamps out!!


Stamps - by Phill Martin
Embossing folder - from Sizzix
Cog - Bigz die from Sizzix
Background paper from Prima.

8 comments:

  1. Great man themed card Val!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful male themed card Val, I love the embossed cog in the background too.

    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Val,
    this is such a very lovely design and a super image coloured perfectly.
    Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Val

    I feel like the whole of January has gone in a flash. It seems like ages since Christmas!

    Great card design! Both my eldest son and his wife would love this .. .. the are obsessed with books and their home looks like a library! They read them without hardly opening the book because they don't want to crack the spine!!

    Hope all is well with you.

    Love Jules xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. There are so many cool layers of texture on this fabulous manly card, Val! I love that cog which looks absolutely real, the warm ink blending on your embossed panel, artsy sediment, and a perfect topper of old scholarly books!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great stamp featuring a row of books Val and love the paper and embossing and the added large cog looks wonderful too. x

    ReplyDelete
  7. A really super card Val and I love the sentiment. Barbxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have a couple of stamps and sentiments that do that effect too. I rather like it myself. I am an avant book reader , can read one in a day. Love the look of this very male card. The colours and textures look great. Hope your staying safe. Hugs Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete