Pages

Monday 5 August 2019

Snippets Challenge # 358

Time to take another card along to the Playground and as usual there is a lovely card made by Di as inspiration and to showcase the prize on offer in the 'draw'.

I started with snippets of white and green card; some wood effect paper and a piece of lilac background paper.  One edge of the green card was die cut using a stitched scallop die and the white piece cut slightly smaller before stamping with foliage, flowers and bees using a set of stamps and dies given free with a recent magazine. (Yes you are right I WAS tempted this time because it was such a pretty and useful set!!).  The frame and sentiment were stamped onto one end of the woodgrain strip.  My next move was to stamp and die cut some of the flowers and butterflies before adding them to the panel.  everything was assembled to make this summery meadow card for the challenge.



All stamps and dies - a set given away with a recent magazine
Scalloped edge - die from My Favourite Things

3 comments:

  1. Very pretty floral card Val love the colours of your pretty summer flowers

    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Val - what a pretty card. I love the delicate colours you used - perfect with those sweet little die cuts. And a lovely arrangement as well. I bought a magazine at the supermarket yesterday whilst waiting for Dudley to have his little 'spa session'. When I got it home I confessed and said 'but it came with a free set of Altenew Poppy stamps and a stencil'. As was rightly pointed out - I still paid £6.99 for the magazine so it wasn't a totally free gift :) And Dudley looks adorable - like a ball of white fluff right now!

    Hugs

    Di xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great minds think alike - I also fell for the 'free' poppy stamp set!!

      Delete