Pages

Thursday 25 July 2019

Cactus

I reckon this cactus should feel at home with the high temperatures today - ought not to complain but I'm not a fan of extreme heat I must say.  However I've managed to make a card this morning even though it seemed to take me forever with breaks to cool my sticky hands!  The stamp and die set I've used was one of my magazine freebies from quite a while ago and to my shame the pack hasn't been opened until today.  I stamped a cactus onto a piece of white card and coloured using watercolour markers before die cutting a banner shape.  The teacup, flower and heart tag were all part of the die set and these were cut using a few scraps.  I managed to find some suitable designer paper and a piece of pink card which I embossed before assembling things for the completed card.


Cactus and sentiment stamps - magazine freebies
Teacup, flower and heart tag - matching dies which came with the stamps
Designer paper and card - from my stash
Banner - Sue Wilson die

4 comments:

  1. Lovely card, Val. Great use of your magazine freebies and also reducing your snippets pile too. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Val,
    that is such a lovely card and your stamped image looks very cool.
    Beautiful papers used also.
    Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have to agree Val, the cactus must be lapping up all of this hot humid weather. Glad it going to cool down al little at the weekend.

    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fun card. I love the fabulous cacti. Hugs Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete