Pages

Monday 6 May 2019

Two Cards for One

There seem to be quite a few 'floating frame' ideas floating around at the moment - pun intended!!  I just had to give it a try although I was unable to follow the method used HERE by my friend Anne because I don't have any of the sticky cling film and didn't particularly want to order a large roll and pay postage on top.  I had a bit of a think and decided it would probably work to a degree if I just added the stamped/die cut images to a previously cut square of card and once the glue was dry just die cut the circle through the double layers..  Of course in the original idea I imagine the die cuts were popped up with foam pads but too much of that does make cards more expensive to post.  Anyway I've made two cards from the one set of flower images and the square of white card and also used up a circular frame which has been hanging around on my desk for ages. The flower and leaves were stamped and coloured with watercolour markers before being die cut.

For the second card I simply used the circle cut out to form the frame on the first, a circle frame in blue and a banner with the word which was also in the die set with the flowers and leaves.




These cards actually look better for real than they appear on the screen but I'm not too sure it is a method I will be using very much.  In the picture of the 'get well' card it looks as if the centre sentiment and blue circle are raised up but in actual fact the piece of blue card is the base layer, the floating frame is on top on foam pads and the sentiment circle is stick in the middle, also on foam pads.

Flowers and Leaves - Stamp and die set given free with a current Papercraft magazine
Square and Circle Dies - Creative Expressions

3 comments:

  1. 2 pretty cards! I agree that postage is expensive when you start layering cards and I am also in a panic if I do post them in case they get flattened whilst being delivered!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Two fantastic cards Val, although I'm just off to check out the technique as I'm not sure that I know what you are talking about.

    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. beautiful cards...love the colour combos.
    :) Karen

    ReplyDelete