Pages

Tuesday 8 January 2019

New Challenge

I've been sent in the direction of a new challenge called 'Christmas Kickstart Challenge' with the aim of making a seasonal card each fortnight to avoid the last minute rush when December comes around and you have loads to make and very little time.  I'm sure lots of us start out with good intentions of starting early but fail somehow!!  The rules are simple so why don't you pop along and take a look.

The theme this time is to incorporate deer and this is my card ready to add to the small number I had left in the box after Christmas.  It uses an image which I'd downloaded at least a couple of years ago so I printed off some of them to use.  Image was layered onto a piece of holographic card and then I sorted out a couple of white scraps of card; one of which was embossed with snowflakes and brushed over with blue ink while the other was stamped with a greeting before die cutting it into a banner.  A snowflake background sets it all off and I simply added a holographic snowflake.

It was the lovely Jules who gave the information about this new challenge and she has made a gorgeous 'Rudolph' card.


7 comments:

  1. Such a gorgeous image and beautiful card Val. I might just have to pop along and take a look at this challenge.

    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card Val! Off to check out the challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Val, I'm so glad that Jules pointed the way to Christmas Kickstart as your card is adorable: I love his little coat and scarf! Thanks for playing along and I hope to see you again soon, Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Val,
    what a very wonderful card and your design looks so beautifully created.
    Just love it.
    It is a myth that your printer won't work on Win 10 I have been on Win 10 for quite some time now and never had a problem with my old printer, and that is an Epsom.
    However I do get a few probs with my HP one though even though my computer is a HP.
    Win 10 is an excellent program and is quite easy to use.
    Hope that helps.
    Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Val

    Pleased you were able to play along (and thank you for your lovely words).

    I always start every year with good intentions but most fall by the wayside. Hopefully this year I will do better!

    Have a good day.

    Love Jules xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a gorgeous Rudolph card you have made. I love the colours. Bet that holographic paper really sparkles. I have a fun deer stamp I can use so off to have a look at the challenge and shoulder permitting see if I have time to enter seeing as I 'm a card down from the weekend. Hugs Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your card is soo cute and such an adorable image good luck with the challenge

    Anne

    ReplyDelete