Pages

Saturday 24 November 2018

Snow Globe

Despite knowing that I really didn't need anything else to make Christmas cards I was tempted when I spotted cards made by my friend Anne using a matching stamp and die set - a snow globe with three little scenes to stamp.  The images were stamped onto white stamping card (Misti came in very handy here to line them up) and then coloured with Copic pens.  Having die cut the globes I then had to decide how to compose a card to use one of them so I found a piece of background paper which I'd printed recently and some scraps of blue and kraft card to cut the circles.  Greeting was die cut from a small scrap of the left over white card and also some small snowflakes were punched.  I felt it just needed a little something else so scrabbled in my box of random die cuts where  luckily I found some greenery and fir cones.

I have three more globes ready prepared to make more cards so it is thinking cap on - miserable day today and getting a bit dark to do much more now.  I reckon I should make a warming cuppa and sit down for a 'think'!!!!  Some people sits and thinks but some just sits - I will try to do the former.


Background - printed from Seasons Greetings (Artylicious) onto iridescent white paper
Circles - Spellbinders and Creative Expressions dies. Stampin' Up embossing folder
Snow globe - die set with matching stamps from Studio Light
Foliage and Fir cones - used freebie dies
Sentiment - Britannia dies

1 comment: