I spotted an interesting technique for stamping with the Distress Oxide ink pads and decided to have a go using some three-step clear stamps. I wasn't sure how (or even if) it was going to work so I started small with a single flower head, a stem and a couple of leaves and because of all the wetting required I used heavy watercolour paper. The first stage was to choose the colours going from light to dark, stamping the base layer of the flower with the lightest, spritzing with water to let the ink bleed a little before drying with a heat gun. The same layer was then stamped over the top with the second colour, spritzed and dried again. Next came the second layer of the flower, again with the medium shade, again spritzed and dried - followed again with the second layer stamp again but this time with the darkest colour, spritzed and dried with a final coloured stamping without spritzing - phew!! The final thing was to stamp the outline of the flower with black ink, masked the flower and stamped the stem. I then repeated the multi stamping, spritzing and drying with the leaves - hopefully you are still with me here.
I was pleased with the result so die cut the piece, layered it up and added some toning elements for the finished card. This is a technique which I will be repeating with other multi-layer stamps and maybe I'll get beyond a single flower - a bit time consuming but worth it I thought for something a bit different.
Distress Oxide Colours - Fossilised Amber, Spiced Marmalade, Fired Brick
Stamp - from Penned and Painted by Stampin' Up
Die Cut Border - Sue Wilson die
Circles - Spellbinders and Tattered lace dies