Pages

Monday 2 January 2017

Hot Air Balloon

Whilst having a bit of a sort out I came across this balloon die which was a magazine freebie from a while ago and would you believe it was still in the packet - unopened!  I decided to put a card together using it so started by cutting the balloon and glued it to a piece of  patterned paper, leaving the basket area unglued before trimming carefully with scissors.  Next I inked a piece of card with some blue to give a cloudy sky effect.  The houses were cut using a die from one of my Christmas sets (three dies - houses, Santa in the sky and trees) but of course the houses will do for any time of year.  The greeting was stamped onto the sky area and then I set about cutting some layers and a border using dies.  I noticed while trawling around the blogs this morning that the current  theme at the House of Cards is a building and/or certain colours - this card fits the criteria so I'm popping over there with it.


Balloon - freebie stamp from magazine
Buildings - Christmas die set from Crafter's Companion
Frames - Sue Wilson pierced squares dies
Sentiment - freebie stamp from magazine

5 comments:

  1. Hi Val

    What a great card. Love the background very much and your choice of colours.

    All the best for 2017. I hope it is a good year for you.

    Love Jules xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. A fantastic card Val, a great find in among your stash too.

    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely card this is Val. I've got this die hidden away somewhere too. I love the colours you've used and a great use of your Christmas houses! Barbxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great card Val, very atmospheric with that lovely coloured sky.
    Val x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your hot air balloon looks fabulous against the silhouette house line.

    ReplyDelete