Pages

Tuesday 11 October 2016

Upcycling

A bit of upcycling today using a well read paperback book from the charity shop and yes I know there are people who throw up their hands in horror at 'defacing' books.  I am a lover of books to read but when you can produce something decorative using one which has probably been read many, many times and  has done the rounds of the charity shops I feel it is OK.  There are lots of tutorials on YouTube giving ideas of things to make by folding book pages and I chose to make a Christmas candle which incorporates a battery tea light.  It must be stressed that you MUST NOT in any circumstances use a normal candle tea light otherwise the whole thing could go up in flames with potentially disastrous consequences.


After all the folding I simply added a strip of card around the 'candle' and added a die cut fancy label with gold leaves and a die cut poinsettia.

Leaves - Sizzix dies
Poinsettia - Sue Wilson die set

6 comments:

  1. This is gorgeous Val, I have seen a couple of these either on blogs or FB, I must see if I can find the design online and have a go myself.

    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's lovely Val. It looks a bit like my hedgehog with a flat bottom. A beautiful Christmas candle and would make a lovely present. Barbxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well done for finishing off your Candle Val...I will post the club ones tomorrow..

    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely book fold Val, so effective!
    Val x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your candle, and far better to save a book like this from being trashed xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fab idea Val. Very effective and wonderful recycling of a book that has had it's day as reading matter.

    Hugs
    Lesley ~Xx

    ReplyDelete