Pages

Sunday 26 June 2016

I've Actually Made a Card!

Yesterday the postman brought me an interesting package containing dies which I just couldn't resist from the new Stampin' Up catalogue - Swirly Scribbles which also have stamps to go with them which I have so far resisted!!  I knew as always there were lots of snippets around on my desk and in boxes so I found a scrap and cut out one of the dies which made me think of a leafy tree.  I then stamped part of the tree from the Sheltering Tree set but after inking I wiped away some of the ink from the outer branches before stamping, added some grass and a sentiment before cutting out with a Sizzix square die.  This was layered onto another snippet of matching green.  I knew that somewhere in a little plastic storage box I had sundry left over small die cuts and  luckily there were a few birds and a cat.  The swirly green die cut was added to the tree as leaves, birds perched amongst the branches and the cat quietly wandering by in the grass.  The black and green layer was an odd piece of card which had been embossed and then rubbed over with metallic gilding polish - this snippet was also just lying around unused!

You've probably guessed by now that this card is for the Pixie Snippets Playground which makes me realise it is a week since I posted on the blog.

Birds and Cat - Memory Box dies (think so anyway, cut ages ago)
Swirl - from Swirly Scribbles set by SU
Stamps - Sheltering Tree and sentiment from Balloon set both Stampin' Up
Embossing Folder - Sue Wilson
Gilding Polish - Creative Expressions Citrus green
Square dies - Sizzix


6 comments:

  1. Love that swirly scribble die too Val, along with a lot of others in the catalogue too. Love what you've done with the die it makes a great addition to the card.

    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card Val...I've got some scribbles as well but still not used them but your card has given me food for though ..great idea to use your die with the tree die..like the idea of the little birds in the tree..

    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a cute and clever card. I love my scribbles, but wouldn't have thought of making a tree xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great snippets card Val! I love how you found all the bits and pieces here and there, then came up with this gorgeous result!

    Lovely to see you in the Snippets Playground :)

    Hugs

    Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. A very clever use of the swirly scribble die. I love the composition, but it rings a bit too true as my cat sits under the tree all day at this time of year, and picks off the baby birds as they take their first flying lessons! A good use of snippets and dies. Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love it Val, a great card and well done on using lots more snippets!

    ReplyDelete