Pages

Sunday 10 April 2016

Playground Time Again

Yet again the week has rushed by and it is time for the challenge in the Pixie Snippets Playground.  I was tempted to treat myself to a stamp when I paid a brief visit to a local woodworking and hobby show where there were various craft demonstrations to see and of course plenty of temptation, some of which I managed to resist but not all I must confess.  I thought this stamp would be just right for the Playground so it was stamped onto three different scraps of printed papers and the many pieces cut out with scissors before being adhered to the image printed onto a snippet of white card. This was in turn layered onto a snippet of green. The background was made up from oddments of printed papers of the same design but in two different colours (the same paper as for the flower).  I actually ended up crawling around the floor on hands and knees part way through making this card, having dropped the tiny clear sentiment stamp ... they bounce ...  but I eventually found it!!

The layout for this card is loosely based on a sketch spotted on Always With a Heart a great blog to view if you get stuck for layout ideas - thanks Jules.  Di has made a Snippets card this week using a so cute set of hedgehog stamps with matching dies which will be the prize for one lucky entrant.


Stamp - by Woodware
Circles - Tattered Lace dies
Papers used - printed from Kimono collection by Crafter's Companion (I think)
Square dies - Die'sire and Tonic
Sentiment - Bitty Banners die from Stampin' Up and of course the 'rescued' stamp!

8 comments:

  1. Val this is absolutely gorgeous. I love the stamp and the paper piecing is something I really enjoy doing myself too. This one certainly took lots of cutting. I think the sketch looks great and really do like the way you've used all your pretty papers. Barbxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is gorgeous Val, a beautful stamp and I love the matching papers.

    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card Val - a lovely design and the paper piecing of that funky flower works brilliantly! Love it!


    Lovely to see you in the Playground!

    Hugs

    Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Sunday to you Val. What a gorgeous paper pieced card . .. you have a whole load more patience than I do! Well done on finding the naughty clear stamp that was playing you up!

    Great layout for the card too.

    See you in the Maintenance Shed later! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. A stunningly gorgeous card Val! I love it! Great colours and paper peicing. That stamp is definitely on my wish list now!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Val

    So sorry it has taken me so long to catch up with you .. .. but I am glad I have! I love your card and how you have used my sketch . .. beautiful.

    You have showcased that stamp beautifully. I think a few people will be adding that to their "wish list" now.

    Thank you for following my blog .. .. I am now one of your followers too and I am looking forward to seeing more of your lovely work.

    I don't know if you noticed but there is a tab towards the top of my blog that will show you all the other sketches that I have managed to put together so far. Feel free to use any of them if you would like to.

    Hope you are having a good week.

    Love Jules xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. what a fabulous way to use up snippets of paper, your card is lovely, and I love paper piecing xxx I have followed too :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have this stamp too and I love the way you have used it, the layout is especially brilliant, wonderful card.

    Kath x

    ReplyDelete