Pages

Sunday 13 March 2016

Pixie Snippets Playground 220

I can't believe it is time for the Snippets challenge again but it really is Sunday again already - time flies when having fun doesn't it!!  For my card this week I've used up various bits and pieces, some of which were left over from previous projects because I always seem to make too much background or cut too many die cuts and of course when building a card there are always opportunities for changing my mind leaving me with piles of snippets..  I had a spare and lonely flower which had been stamped and embossed before cutting out with scissors and found a toning piece of background paper before scrabbling around amongst my snippets to find enough bits for the rest of the card.  The square frame turned out to be wrong for a previous card so that was brought into play; I had a die cut border strip lying around so I put some double sided sticky onto a scrap of white card before cutting a backing for this border using the outer edge die from the set.  The sticky was then exposed and matching silk glitter was applied to this piece before using it to back the fancy part of the border.  The sentiment was one left on a sheet which I'd printed; this was die cut using an oval and finally I found two more snippets of the white pearl card to cut a backing for the sentiment and a couple of leaves.

Do take a look at the pretty card from Di this week - who doesn't just love House Mouse??



Frame - Sue Wilson Noble pierced squares dies
Border - Gemini die from Sue Wilson
Ovals - Spellbinders dies
Flower - Sue Wilson stamp (shaded peony), leaves Britannia die

4 comments:

  1. This is simply gorgeous Val.

    Hugs, Sarn xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a pretty card Val! Love the soft mauves and it's such a lovely design.Somewhat calmer colours than the House Mouse :)

    Hugs

    Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. An absolutely beautiful card Val. You sound like me with all the bits hanging around. I love that gorgeous border and the flower is really pretty. Barbxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. A gorgeous card Val, love the colours too.

    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete