Pages

Monday 28 July 2014

Butterfly

I've missed a couple of weeks on the Make My Monday challenge, mainly because I don't really 'do' end of term or holidays but this week's theme of Butterflies is more me.  I've used an old wood-mounted stamp and simply dragged in the colour from the water based ink using a damp brush to give it more colour and added a few gems.  There are some great cards from their design team as always with a variety of different styles.  The colour looks a bit odd on the screen but the centre background is lemon using same pearly card as the filigree bow so no idea why it looks different!!



Background - paper from a magazine from way back
Ovals - spellbinder dies
Bow - Itty Bitty bow from Sue Wilson (Creative Expressions)
Butterfly - Anita's stamp
Sentiment - computer generated on Stampin' Up punched shape

5 comments:

  1. very simple and elegant card Val - yes, butterflies much easier to cope with than the recent challenges for me too! Weather much better here today, hope it is your way too

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your butterfly card, and glad you like this weeks challenge, Laura DT xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your butterfly is perfectly stamped to show the detail and the die-cuts present it beautifully. I empathise with you over colours showing wrongly on the pc! Thank you for joining us at Make My Monday. Marina

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is lovely too, the layers work really well and the bow is really pretty.
    Jill

    ReplyDelete