Pages

Tuesday 22 July 2014

A Taste of India

I think you will be able to tell what colour my fingers are after creating this card which was inspired when I spotted a magazine (yes again!!) giving away freebies.  This time there were some stamps and a small embossing folder from the Indian range by Sheena Douglass.  I happened to have the large embossing folder which forms the main image but hadn't yet used it - shame.  I searched through my stock of Artilicious papers (now Chocolate Baroque) and found this one which I thought would be just right - I added border stamping top and bottom using one of the free stamps.  I used the free folder to emboss an odd piece of black card and used Treasure Gold wax to bring out the pattern.  Incidentally the embossing isn't as deep with the free folder - Sheena is known for the lovely depth of her folders giving pronounced embossing.  Now onto the main image and my fingers - people not knowing me would think I'm a heavy smoker!!  After embossing I highlighted the lines using a Stazon ink pad before blending four colours of Distress ink for the architecture - some areas were bleached out with water.  I have to confess that I was a bit heavy handed with the black ink pad and managed to get a smudge in the small window near bottom right so had to cut that out and add a layer behind using card sponged with matching DI over stamped using one design from an Indian themed cube stamp which I've had for years - how lucky was that.


Background - paper from Chocolate Baroque (Artilicious)
Main image - embossing folder from India range Sheena Douglass
Black panel - free embossing folder from India range
Stamps - free from magazine, including borders and sentiment

8 comments:

  1. Looks lovely Val, I too have this freebie but not had time to play yet. Well done on remedying you smudge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is lovely Val and it's interesting although not altogether surprising that the freebie embossing folder isn't as good as a bought one.
    Jackie x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow stunning Val, I love these embossing folders and the wonderful cards you can make with them. The BP you picked goes pecfectly as well.

    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your beautiful rich colours on your card Val..Sheena certainly has some fabulous stamps and embossing folders

    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fab card Val, love the rich colours and texture:)
    Val x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow Val, what an ingenuous way to rectify your smudged bit! If it wasn't for your detailed description I would never have found it and I was marvelling at you highlighting the embossing with an inkpad because I'm sure I couldn't do it successfully. It looks more like a stamped image in the photo! I bought that mag for the stamps and folder too although heaven knows I don't really need them, lol! Your card turned out beautifully.

    Hugs
    Lesley Xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Val, love your card, the embossed image looks great. I made a card with that image for my Daughter as she has been cycling across India for the past 3 weeks.
    I also bought that magazine this week. Not played with it yet.
    Enjoy your weekend. Love and hugs xx ChrisB

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the whole eastern feel to this card Val. You've captured it beautifully. Jenny x

    ReplyDelete