Pages

Thursday 12 June 2014

Large Dies

Ever been tempted by an attractive die only to find that when you get it home it is too large to fit your usual size of card?  Will I never learn - however with this particular one I was able to overcome the problem by cutting it through the centre and trimming off some of it, making it into a roughly square shape.  By using another die shape over the top I was able to cover the join so no one would know (unless I told them of course!).  I have now put a short ruler into my handbag so that if I remember I can measure any tempting dies before deciding whether I NEED them.  In the meantime I have managed to get hold of some larger cards so that I can actually use some of my larger dies to better advantage.


Background - embossed using 'patchwork' embossing folder
Elaborate diecut - Sue Wilson rectangle
Mauve layer - Spellbinder die
Doily - Marianne die
Flower - Papermania large blooms
Sentiment - computer generated, punched and layered onto small die from rectangle set

5 comments:

  1. Beautiful card Val. Enjoy your Day. Hugs Rita xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. lovely card Val - and we would never have known! I sometimes have the opposite problem - what i like is too small for the bigger cards that i seem to be using more and more..........just can't win, can we!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well I love your get die and it looks fine.....I think we just get carried away at times and that moment of excitement of MUST HAVE we just want it....gorgeous card anyway Val

    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely card Val and Yes! I have two sets of dies that don't conform to my 6 x 6 style of card:)
    Val x

    ReplyDelete
  5. We wouldn't of known if you hadn't confessed! It looks great.
    Always easy to buy without thinking through when you want something though.
    Jill

    ReplyDelete