Pages

Friday 2 May 2014

Butterflies

Butterflies are always popular and my newest follower pointed me towards a challenge blog which is all about butterflies. You can find this blog here.  This time they are asking for glamorous butterflies with glitter or sparkle so mine have been painted with clear Wink of Stella which doesn't show up too well on the scan but is evident when seen for real - I also added some 'diamond' gems.  Background was made with embossing folders and sponged with Distress ink.


Background - Creative Expressions A4 embossing folder and free folder given with magazine recently
Large butterfly - Spellbinders
Small butterflies - Joy die
Branch - Tim Holtz die
Bird cage - Spellbinders
Distress ink - Milled Lavender and Dusty Concord

7 comments:

  1. Beautiful card Val, love the bird cage hanging from the branch. Colour is gorgeous too:)
    Val x

    ReplyDelete
  2. A gorgeous card Val, I love the colours you've used. The butterflies looks great against the embossed background. I used the same birdhouse die on a project yesterday.

    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pretty card Val and love the embossed background...butterflies are always lovely on a card...

    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your little garden scene. It looks so serene in that colour combo. Such pretty butterflies which I can see shimmering. Thank you for fluttering by my #6. Hugs Mrs A. (butterfly challenge).

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a pretty card and I love how you have some all of it in shades of lilac

    Jackie x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the colouring on this one - my faves.
    Jill

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a pretty little scene you hae created!

    ReplyDelete