Pages

Sunday 16 February 2014

Beaded Bead

It seems absolutely ages since I blogged anything but today I have a beaded bead to share.  I recently purchased a book by Marcia DeCoster with some beautiful projects which are mostly made using right angle weave - a stitch with which I'm not really familiar and I must say not really a stitch of choice in the past.  Having battled with it to make this 'Urchin' bead it could be growing on me but I definitely need to use it more to become really comfortable with the technique.  I think I should have chosen one of her designs from the beginning of the book but being me, I went for a page near the end!!  All that remains now is to make a beaded strap so that this can be used as a necklace.  The beads used were seed beads in sizes 15, 11 and 8 with some 3mm fire polished crystals to embellish the spines - bead is approximately 1.25 inches across.


9 comments:

  1. This is a work of art Val. The colours are stunning. I love it. Hugs Rita xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a lovely intricate piece & I love the way those spines really shimmer against the more glossy looking blue beads. It's got a very striking shape & really does look like a sea urchin.
    Paula (PEP)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is beautiful Val and very intricate you must have loads of patience
    Jackie x

    ReplyDelete
  4. definitely looks like a sea urchin, glorious colours - and one heck of a lot of work!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absolutely stunning piece of work Val looks like a lot of hours work....looking forward to seeing it ITF

    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad to see you've not floated away with all this rain. A gorgeous bead Val and will make a wonderful focal point on a necklace. Stay safe.


    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Absolutely stunning beaded piece Val.

    Hugs Diane

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is fabulous Val - well worth persevering with!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow Val, this is gorgeous. I admire both your skill and patience in mastering this beauty.

    Hugs
    Lesley Xx

    ReplyDelete