Pages

Wednesday 20 November 2013

November Quintiles

Well November seems to be rushing by while I've been pondering how to depict the theme of FIREWORKS  which was the obvious choice for the Quintiles this month.  Eventually I had a flash of inspiration and decided to use some of the stamps from  Elusive Images (now Chocolate Baroque) sets - Retro flowers/Vases because they  gave me the impression of bursts of colour in the sky such as would be seen with fireworks.  I used two different approaches here - one using the clear embossing resist technique, starting with yellow card and gradually adding images followed by a slightly darker colour of distress ink, then more resist with a darker colour and so on.  The other one was made using very dark purple card with  stamped and embossed images using various colours of Cosmic Shimmer embossing powders.  The descriptive word was typed on the computer and cut out with a label die.   It is lucky really that I actually got these made this month because it took me so long to come up with an idea but hopefully they will get there in time!!


12 comments:

  1. These look striking & I agree that these images do really look like fireworks. I have long regretted not purchasing those stamps. The purple is my favourite of these.
    Paula (PEP)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the flashes of colour! Great idea trace x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your idea , those stamps work really well as fireworks. Hugs x ChrisB

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gosh Val, you might be late but these are stunning. They really do look like bursts of fireworks in the sky - lovely. Sorry to have missed a couple of posts but working flat out to get "stuff" made for a Christmas fair next Saturday!

    Karen x

    ReplyDelete
  5. took me ages too Val! had a similar idea, but used flower stamps - like the second one best

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great use of the flower stamos Val, very effective!
    Val x

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are brilliant. - I especially love the shimmers on the second one.
    Jill

    ReplyDelete
  8. I don't know how I managed to miss this post, but I'm here now. I love your tiles this month, a great use for the retro flowers they make ideal fireworks. I've sent mine off but not blogged them yet.

    Sue x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your firework card Val they really do look like fireworks

    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  10. These look fabulous! Love the colours, specially the red and yellow one! Great idea to use those stamps, they really look like fireworks!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Val, fabulous cards love the firework display especially the blue and yellow one.
    Suzi B xx

    ReplyDelete