Pages

Saturday 15 June 2013

Cream on Cream

With so many wonderful embossing folders and an ever increasing amount of elaborate dies becoming available - very tempting I must say but where do you start?? (or stop!!) - I thought I'd have a go at a card in the style which is becoming popular but using what I have.  Base layer is a piece of embossed pearlescent card, next is a panel cut with a Marianne die/embossing folder combined and a punched strip was added top and bottom.  Sadly I couldn't use a more lacy punch because it wouldn't cut through the card.  The sentiment is on a couple of Spellbinder die cut shapes and two Marianne butterflies were added .  Not my usual style but I think it works - just wish my really pretty lacy punches would go through card!!  I might need to look out for a nice lacy die instead.


11 comments:

  1. Good Morning Val. What a classy card. I love the clean lines. Really stunning. Hugs Rita xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this cream on cream Val, it's beautiful. Sun shinning brightly here at the moment but not expecting it to last.

    Sue x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Val, this is so elegant and I love how you have combined your dies. Know what you mean about the die collection, it creeps up on you - although I have been so good lately. xx Flora

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card Val and I just love the cream on cream look your card is just so elegant

    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very pretty & exotic - it's got that kind of delicate Victorian feel to it & I love all the textures.
    Paula (PEP)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is beautiful and so elegant

    Jackie x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh now this is incredibly classy Val. Just seen Rita's used the same description but it sums this card up perfectly. You've used your existing stash so well here. Hugs, Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  8. A lovely elgant card and so pretty. I love cream on cream. Hugs x ChrisB

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous card Val - as you say, not your normal "style" but it's lovely. Quite agree about "where to stop"! lol Must admit it's a bit of an addiction.....

    Karen x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love delicate colors you used! So gentle work!

    ReplyDelete