Pages

Wednesday 19 December 2012

Technique Tuesday

I was invited to take part in the Technique Tuesday challenge and there is a tutorial over there for this faux tile technique - follow the link to see it and also the work by their design team.  I used another Elusive Images stamp (now Chocolate Baroque), some Tim Holtz vintage shabby background paper and die cuts using up the other half of the Top Note piece which I cut yesterday and also a lattice Memory Box die. The sentiment was produced on the cojmputer and is layered onto an X-cut tag shape also die cut. I can see lots of potential for this idea and will probably be using it again as I'm sure it can look very different depending upon the stamps used.


9 comments:

  1. I love this. The colours are Stunning and its not something I've tried ,but I'll need to wait till 2013 now. Have a Lovely Christmas. Hugs Rita xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. A gorgeous card in beautiful colours, I've been tring to find the time to join in with this technique, but not managed it yet. Christmas is coming a little too quickly now.

    Sue x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Christmas! What a fabulous way to try this months technique. I love how you've 'pieced it back together'. Gorgeous creation!
    Thank you so much for joining us at Technique Tuesday this month for our Faux Tile challenge. We really appreciate it and hope to see you again for the next challenge Karen(P) Technique Tuesday Crew

    ReplyDelete
  4. Now that does look very interesting indeed. I love these old stamps - that Hydrangea is a beauty & I love the colours you used; so apt for the plant. Think I shall have to give this technique a try.
    Paula (PEP)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Val, this is absolutely STUNNING! Purple is my favorite--and this is a glorious purple creation! Thank you SO MUCH for joining us at Technique Tuesday this month! I hope you'll join us again for another challenge in January! HUGS and happy holidays! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow this is very pretty! Love the colors and how you used the technique in your focal point. :) Thank you so much for joining us at Technique Tuesday!

    Also, is it ok if I put this card on the Technique Tuesday Facebook Page?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely card Val beautiful colours and a great image, your tessatina die really make the image stand out...

    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful card!!! Love the gorgeous colors and stamps you used! Thank you so much for joining our challenge at Technique Tuesday!
    Nancy xx :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very pretty card; I love the flower. Thanks for joining us at Technique Tuesday and I hope you come back for our next challenge too.
    Hugs, Tracey (DT)

    ReplyDelete