Pages

Monday 12 November 2012

Floral Theme

The theme this week on Addicted to Stamps and More challenge is FLOWERS  so not too difficult to find a floral stamp in my collection.  This stamp comes from Crafty Individuals and is a favourite of mine because it lends itself to all kinds of techniques.  This time I've chosen to go back to a technique I've not used for ages using alcohol inks with acetate and tissue paper.  Originally this involved using a particular liquid floor polish which if I recall was often difficult to come by and the whole technique was a bit messy and took ages to dry.  This time I used Glossy Accents which dried a lot more speedily.  The finished panel was trimmed and mounted onto  black card; backing paper is from Prima and has been overstamped with a flourish stamp (Chocolate Baroque) in green;   black card was embossed using a Cuttlebug folder, then spritzed with Green Glimmer Mist; the butterflies were stamped onto some of the green background scraps using a free stamp from Craft Stamper, cut out then sprayed with Goosebumps.  A greeting and a few pearls and that's it - a floral card.

Acomplete change in the weather - after yesterday's beautiful sunshine it is very dark and lashing with rain!!


19 comments:

  1. Lovely to see flowers Valerie and like you this set is a favourite of mine too. gorgeous colours
    Suzi B xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is beautiful - stunning colours and great techniques. Thanks for joining in our challenge this week at ATS&M - Jacqueline xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty card Val and love your alcohol colours..love your embossed backing and butterflies

    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  4. I still have some of that floor polish somewhere- you can tell I don't polish floors! love the combination of techniques and colours

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is gorgeous Val. I love the technique you've used with the panels, and although green is not a favorite colour of mine I really like it for this.

    Sue x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great design Val everything complements so well. Love the stamp and that EF. Thanks for playing along again at ATS&M
    Val x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love all the greens included in this & that flourish overstamping of the paper is delightful - I must remember that technique. The little dark green beads/pearls are gorgeous on the butterflies' bodies & I love the texture on that dark panel beneath them.
    Dark & dank & dingy here too.
    Paula (PEP)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful! That is a fab technique and the embossing and stamping is lovely, it all comes together so well. Thank you for joining us at ATS&M. Sue x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely colors in your card! I really like the butterflies and the flower stamp. Thank you for joining us at ATSM Challenge this week!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great job using that caught in crystal technique Val. Love the embossing too. They work so well with those lovely butterflies. Hugs, Buttons x

    ReplyDelete
  11. such a pretty card Val and I like to use that technique too. It was pitch black and raining when I finished work and that was half past four ! x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh this is adorable, I love everything about it, the deep greens, the colours, I could go on and on. Thanks for sharing with us at Addicted to Stamps & More

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a lovely card, love the colour you have used. I haven't done that techneque for ages. Hugs x ChrisB

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your flowers and butterflies are beautiful, Val. Very, very nice!! Thanks so much for playing along at ATSM! xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Another gorgeous card Val. I don't think I'd of thought of just using green but those shades look great.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful! Those alcohol inks made a spectacular backdrop for your silhouette flowers! Love the embossed black panel with the green glimmer mist - fabulous! Beautiful butterflies to finish. Great job! Thanks for joining us at ATS&M this week!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Really pretty technique! I love the colors you have chosen and your layout is wonderful. Thanks for joining us at ATS&M this week!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi Val, Hope all is well. Fantastic card. Love the design and the colours. So much attention to detail. The first ever CI stamps I bought where these two. They are one of my favourites, for the same reasons, as well. With my other hat on. Thank you so much for joining in the ATS&M Challenge again this week.
    Hugs,
    Florence x

    ReplyDelete
  19. This is gorgeous Val! I love the flower images you chose and that technique is a favourite of mine too. I never tried it with the floor stuff though thank goodness, lol! I love shades of green so this card is really up my street and the shimmer spray onto the black card is lovely.

    Hugs
    Lesley Xx

    ReplyDelete