Pages

Saturday 14 April 2012

I is for Imagine

Well I'm afraid imagination was lacking a little when it came to making the tag for I this month and I had very few words on my list.  Eventually I settled on IMAGINE because I have this lovely word stamp from the  Chocolate Baroque Artistic Expressions set - also closer inspection of a roll of Tim Holtz tissue tape revealed a definition of the word imagination which I've also incorporated.  The background was made by stamping a CB brocade stamp with Distress ink and embossing with matching distress embossing powder. The tag was then inked with distress inks and a masks were used for the letter and the texture. Not the most 'imagininative' tag but time is running short as they have to be posted off soon - I must start work on them earlier in the month I think. I had a good day with my beadwork demonstrations yesterday although I had to work with my coat on all day as despite a sunny start the weather deteriorated and we had heavy rain/hail in the afternoon which made it even colder in the marquee.  As soon as I got home I popped a bowl of porage into the microwave for my tea because it was the quickest hot food I could think of to warm me up!!


6 comments:

  1. Goodness - beading in a marquee in those conditions - however did you keep your fingers moving? Glad it went well though.
    Love your inked background with this & the tissue tape adds a lovely touch.
    Paula (PEP)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think this tag is one of your best Val, it really appeals to me! Hope you've recovered from yesterday:0
    Val x

    ReplyDelete
  3. NOthing wrong with your tag Val....love the definition at the bottom and like your embossing..

    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a great tag Val, I love the background and the addition of the definition is perfect
    Jackie x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your tag is lovely Val, nothing wrong with it at all. You brave thing, beading in a marquee all day, mind you with the weather we've been having lately, it might have been hot and sunny.

    Sue x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oooh, another wonderful tag. Unusual colours that are right up my street. I agree with Sue, there's absolutely nothing wrong with your tag and I will be proud if it lands in my collection although I shouldn't be greedy as I already have two beauties from you. Don't envy you working in that marquee in the awful weather we keep having and apparently May is going to be worse :-( It's my birthday in the first week and all those years ago I'm told by my Mum we were in the middle of a heatwave, lol!

    Hugs
    Lesley Xx

    ReplyDelete