Pages

Monday 20 June 2011

Beaded Christmas Tree

I was telling a friend about a beaded Christmas ornament which I was making yesterday and she asked me to put it on here so that she could see it.  This was more or less my first venture into square stitch (apart from trying a little bit to learn the technique when I started beadwork) and at the moment I'm not sure it is a stitch I will want to use a lot. Despite using Delica beads which are regular in size I'm not sure it is as even a result as I imagined it would be and although they all came from the same source it would appear that the red ones used for the pot were marginally bigger because it is from that point that the rows seem to be a bit wavy.  I know that somewhere in my stash I have some little wire coat hangers which I bought for cards but could I find them??  No - so I twisted up a bit of wire to make a hanger.  I don't think I will be going into production with these as they would take too long to make unless the card was for someone very special.

5 comments:

  1. A lovely piece of beadwork Val....love your little hanger too...

    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your wavy Christmas tree... makes it look more life like :)
    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is lovely Val. It must have taken you ages. Well done. Hugs x ChrisB

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lovely little tree Val. You have a lot of paitence.
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gosh, the patience you have Val!! It looks absolutely wonderful and is well shown off on it's own wire hanger.

    ReplyDelete