Pages

Saturday 21 May 2011

Forgotten Friday 17

For Judith's Forgotten Friday challenge this week I decided to revisit one of my large collection of CDs some of which definitely haven't seen the light of day for a long time.  The one I settled on was Garden Gals from Fee'J Designs and I printed out one of the decoupage sheets. Decoupage is a technique which I've not visited in a while either apart from occasionally adding an extra layer to a stamped image.  I opened the CD in My Craft Studio so that I could make a border using one of the little daisy images on a background to match the check behind the 'gal'.  The main background paper  from the CD was reduced in size to fit the card and one of the layers was cut in pink pearlescent card using a Nestability die and then embossed using a plastic mask with large dots.  The sentiment was printed from one of my many MCS discs and poppped onto a Marianne flower shape.  A couple of crochet flowers, Marianne leaves and a bit of glitter were added as finishing touches.

4 comments:

  1. Hi Val, what a cheery card! There is no such thing as being late for Forgotten Friday, you have all week, so please never feel stressed. I use MCS for editing too, it's very handy, isn't it? Love the crochet flowers. Thanks for joinung in again, Judith xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great card Val and I love your crochet flowers they really finish off your card beautfully.

    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  3. A lovely card and I like the colours.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a super card Val. I love the crochet flowers, did you make them yourself? I find MCS is great for resizing and making ribbon/borders.
    Sue

    ReplyDelete