Pages

Saturday 26 March 2011

Forgotten Friday 10

The stamps used for this Forgotten Friday challenge were a really lucky find for me last week at the charity shop in our village so I guess they must have lain neglected by someone else before finding their way there.  They are from a sheet of unmounted by The Stamp Man which I don't think have been used because they were only very roughly cut out and not mounted on cling foam.  The background paper was printed on pearl paper from Artylicious Seasons Greetings CD which is not just for Christmas as there are some great designs which can be used all year round.  The block of text was one of the stamps from the set and the image with the butterfly was stamped onto card which had been coloured with alcohol inks - the butterfly was stamped on the same card but  in green and embossed with silver pearl and was layered slightly offset to give a shadowed effect.  A few swirls were added around the edges of the background.

5 comments:

  1. This is a very effective card Val and love the colours, you were so lucky to have found them in the charity shop....

    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  2. Corgeous Val... unusual colour but very effective
    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely card, what a lucky find.Hugs x ChrisB

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fab card, I love the colour as well. I will have to look in my charity shop a bit more often, what a super find.
    Saw you comment on my previous posting, don't know what's wrong with it. I cant seem to get it to work. I'm quite inexperienced in blogging it takes me a while to figure things out, still have not managed to do links yet LOL.
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a lovely card Val, I have this set of stamps, much neglected, I'm afraid, but I did use them quite often when I first got them. I love the colours that you have used, and the background that you have created. Thanks so much for joining in with my Forgotten Friday post again this week, Judith xx

    ReplyDelete