Pages

Thursday 2 September 2010

Butterfly

I recently bought one of the Marianne butterfly dies and I must say I was surprised at the size because it is larger than I imagined and I also had a struggle to actually remove  the cut shape from the die and it was a real fiddle  to remove all the 'waste' bits using a pokey tool.  I do like the finished butterfly though so probably worth the hassle.  Background paper is from my bits box, large die cut shape is a Sizzix die cut out and then embossed with Cuttlebug swiss dots; flowers from Wild Orchid Crafts were tinted with matching Copic pen. Finished off with some ribbon, a computer greeting and Cuttlebug corners.  I later tried running the  die through with some waxed paper and the next butterfly was a bit easier to remove so maybe that is the solution.

2 comments:

  1. Lovely card , I have one of those dies but a differnet one. I found it was easier to get them out if you left the first layer you cut in the die. Hugs ChrisB x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes this die is large but you have made a lovely card with it just my colour scheme too.

    Anne

    ReplyDelete