Pages

Tuesday 17 August 2010

A Useful Tip

Sorry no picture today but a handy tip for using Copic (or Promarker) pens.  I have been repairing a crochet handbag for a friend - just don't ask how I won that job; I really must learn to say 'no' sometimes!!  Anyway back to the Copics - I did part of the repair using the sewing machine but when it came to re-attaching the loosely made crochet I found it had to be hand sewing but it needed to be strong.  I have a reel of strong jeans thread but it is cream and then a lightbulb moment - I coloured some lengths of it with a Copic pen which matched the bag and being permanent ink it won't run at all.  I've used Copics to colour ribbon and fabric flowers to go onto cards before but this is the first time I've actually 'customised' sewing thread.

1 comment:

  1. Brilliant idea I'll remember that one, there are no shops around me that sell cotton. Hugs x ChrisB

    ReplyDelete