Pages

Thursday 13 May 2010

Hydrangea


I was recently tempted to buy some clear stamps in the Henbury Lane collection by Papermania as they looked so pretty and delicate but was dismayed to find that the delicate flowers are almost solid polymer and it is proving very difficult to get a good result. I was thinking soft grey outline images delicately coloured with watercolour - no chance!! I tried various approaches and so far this is the best I could manage - I'm not really happy with the image but have made it into a card anyway as I didn't want the money spent to be entirely wasted. I think on balance I prefer rubber to polymer for stamps and maybe I will try not to be so easily led by the illustrations on the packets in future.
Background paper is from Papermania Rose Garden collection with some other bits and pieces from my oddments box. Image was finally stamped in pale grey Memento ink and coloured with Copics.


3 comments:

  1. I have had similar problems with Papermania stamps. I have two sets which I love but at least one stamp in each are not usable, it's very annoying!
    Beautiful papers and great layout.
    Have a fab day.
    Hugs
    Jen x

    ReplyDelete
  2. The card still looks pretty. I too prefer rubber stamps but my budget doesn't always stretch as far as I would like!! lol. Although I bought 2 sets, oops 3 sets of Paper Artsy rubber stamps & one Inkadinkado Clear stamp set at HSNW last Saturday! Wouldn't mind but I'd already bought 2 sets from Elusive Images
    Budget? what budget!!
    Sue B x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can see your problem and I've had the same experience sometimes. Good old rubber still gets my vote but in spite of the problems you've still made a very pretty card and the image looks as though it was meant to be that way. The papers are great too.

    Hugs
    Lesley Xx

    ReplyDelete