Pages

Saturday 16 January 2010

A Friend is...


I realised that I'd not used alcohol inks for absolutely ages so decided to try them on acetate. I used the heat embossable type so that I could stamp and gold emboss a motif . stamps used are by Elusive Images and the acetate was mounted onto gold mirri card. The sentiment was stamped and cut out with Nestabilities dies. Unfortunately there are some marks showing on the bottom corner which are not actually on the card but always occur when I scan anything reflective - I've worked out that they are a reflection of the 'innards' of my scanner but haven't managed to work out a way of avoiding this happening which is a shame.
The card in reality is actually lighter than it looks here - again I guess it is do with the reflective nature of the acetate and gold card.


2 comments:

  1. Lovely card Val - really effective with the gold embossing over the alcohol inked acetate. Would make an ideal man's card - perhaps without that particular sentiment.............

    ReplyDelete
  2. This card's fabulous Val. I haven't had my alcohol inks out for ages and I haven't even tried the latest 'lights' sets I got a while ago. You've really set me off now with this beautiful, oh so classy card.

    Lesley Xx

    ReplyDelete