Pages

Sunday 12 July 2009

Acetate Trees




I thought I would try to make a card with a curved acetate panel using one of the Elusive Images tall trees stamps. I've not seen any tutorials so just did what I thought.

The panel doesn't show up too well on the scan and I found it difficult to photograph - also on the close up I see the static in the acetate has picked up specks of dust so all in all not a total success. Background is glossy card coloured with alcohol inks, the tree on acetate was stamped with Stazon and the others with Versafine. There is a 'spring' in the acetate which has a tendency to pull the panel away from the DST holding it to the background and of course a box would be needed to put this card in the post .

I do like to try lots of ideas and techniques but maybe I will give this one a miss in future unless I can perfect the technique.




1 comment:

  1. Well Val - it looks remarkably like the project in the GG Newsletter and you can't see the specks of dust on the photo!!! LOL. As I haven't received my stamps yet I might just have a go with other ones as I think it's a really different technique that looks impressive. Will let you know how I get on.

    ReplyDelete