Pages

Tuesday 10 May 2022

Floral Birthday

 I seem to make quite a lot of floral cards but they always seem popular and there are endless ways of combining elements to come up with varying designs.  The ones on this card had been fussy cut from some patterned paper a while ago and had been sitting in one of my oddments boxes, where I also came across the lacy parchment embellishment (gifted from a crafty friend) which I backed with a piece of mauve card.  The splodgy background had been produced during an inky play session so I've combined everything to make this card after deciding to leave the flowers uncoloured, echoing the black flower centres with a matching sentiment.



7 comments:

  1. The black and white flowers really 'pop' out..love your purple toned background....as you say floral cards are always popular...lovely card

    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  2. A perfect way to use all your matching snippets. I like the splodgy background. I'm sure I make more flower cards than anything else.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a pretty card Val, and spookily again I’ve been playing with that paper too! We must be telepathic or something :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous card, Val. I love the effect of keeping the flowers uncoloured. xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. A stunning card Val, love the black and white flowers against the lilac background.

    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a true beauty with those uncolored flowers laid on a fabulous piece of lilac background! Gorgeous card, and I hope you're enjoying some warm sunshine today like we are here in PA

    ReplyDelete