Pages

Friday 16 April 2021

A Touch of Gold

 I have a supply of gilding flakes but have to admit that it is a very long time since I actually used any of them so thought it was about time that was remedied.  Started out with a square of cream card and put a strip of double-sided tape down one edge before applying the flakes.  The whole piece was then run through the machine with an embossing folder. I then used another scrap of cream card and gilded that by applying some double-sided adhesive sheet so that I could die cut a couple of gold leaves. Next move was to find various scraps of card to cut some labels and a few green leaves; finally cutting a two layered butterfly from some DSP and cream pearlescent card.


Butterfly - dies from Sizzix
Labels - Stitched so Sweetly Stampin' Up
Words - from Hey Chick stamp set Stampin' Up
Embossing - Folder given away free with a magazine
Leaves - mix from Stampin' Up Forever Fern and Card Making Magic
Designer Paper - Butterfly Bouquet Stampin' Up

4 comments:

  1. Such a beautiful card Val and a great way to use your gildinggg flakes too. I love the colour combination that you've used as well.

    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely card Val..pretty butterfly and love the touch of gilding

    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  3. How stunning, I like how you used your gilding flakes!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Val

    What a great way to use your gilding flakes. They look great embossed and give a lovely touch of luxury to your card.

    Had to smile at your comment on my blog this morning. I too always reach for my snippets first but like you they never seem to reduce .. .. if anything the pile just ends up with even smaller pieces than the original one I started with .. .. .. and sometimes more than one! LOL!!

    Hope you are having a good weekend.

    Love Jules xx

    ReplyDelete