Pages

Wednesday 14 October 2020

Inspiration

 As well as tempting me with crafty items I don't have, viewing blogs often serves as a reminder of something which I already have in my stash.  This was the case when I spotted a card posted  by Jules when I remembered that I had some dies which I could use to make a card similar to and inspired by one of her recent makes. If you look near the top of her blog you will also find a link to a library of wonderful card layout sketches - yet another source of inspiration when you are stuck for ideas.  I sorted out some background papers and oddments of card to die cut the components for this card, starting with some toning background papers, followed by the ovals one of which was run through an embossing folder to give it some interest.  I then cut out the various small pieces of the succulents and their pots and assembled them, finally adding a simple greeting.  Thanks Jules for a timely reminder which didn't result in any retail therapy 😊


Background - bits and pieces from my stash, border die from Crafter's Companion
Ovals - dies from Tonic, embossing folder from Creative Expressions
Succulents - die set from Sizzix Dimensional Botanicals
Sentiment - computer generated, punches from Stampin' Up

4 comments:

  1. Brilliant card Val and lucky you had these little dies....great card for a male
    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Val

    A great take on my card.

    I haven't seen the Sizzix die set you have used before .. .. what a great way to create a more realistic plant.

    Lovely background embossing too.

    Thank you for the shout out Val.

    I have been working on some more sketches so hopefully a few more will be added soon.

    Hope you have a good day.

    Love Jules xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow that looks fiddly, but it's made a lovely card.

    Sarn x

    ReplyDelete