Pages

Sunday 1 January 2017

First Post of 2017

This is my first card for 2017 although it was in fact made yesterday!  I haven't yet cleared away all the seasonal 'stuff' on my desk but did just about manage to find space enough to make a card for the Pixie Snippets challenge this week using up some of the pieces of water colour paper to which I'd added some Pixie powders - love them!!  Santa brought me a new die set which I wanted to try out and I think it is one which will get plenty of use as the year goes by.  I really like to have dies which can be used in many ways and this one certainly fits the bill. I put a snippet of white card through the Big Shot with an embossing folder before dusting it with some purple ink to show up the pattern. I then die cut a selection of borders,  a fancy square and a selection of flowers and leaves - the only item which isn't a snippet is the card blank itself.

There is an opportunity to be in the draw for yet another brilliant prize - Christmas themed so that if you win you will be able to make an early start on the Christmas cards this year!  Di does a sterling job in organising the playground fun each week and it certainly gives us all opportunities for using up just some of our snippets - my theory is that the bits of card and paper etc actually breed when stored in boxes on the shelf!!  Despite the amount I use the 'mountain' still seems to get bigger.


Background - Sea Garden embossing folder Sue Wilson
Diagonal Borders - Lattice border die set Sue Wilson
Square and Circle - Australian Collection die set Sue Wilson
Flowers - Botanical blooms die set from Stampin' Up
Sentiment - computer generated

9 comments:

  1. What a pretty card, always nice to play with new things, and how apt that you used pixie powders! Happy New Year and good luck in the draw xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. A stunning card Val, I love the gorgeous colours you've used, and the lovely new dies.

    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the dies on this one Val, good luck with the snippets.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your card is absolutely beautiful Val and I love the colours and the way you've used your dies. A wonderful way to use up snippets. Barbxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fabulous present to get off Santa and you've used it to make a really beautiful card. Wishing you a very happy new year xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow Val, this really is so fabulous! Love it! And thank you for the kind words :)

    Hugs

    Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. GORGEOUS card Val. I got a couple of Pixie Powders from Santa, but not sure what to do with them yet! So thanks for the inspiration.

    Wishing you a wonderful 2017.

    Hugs, Sarn xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is such a pretty card. Loving the colours!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a very pretty card! I know just what you mean about snippets breeding!

    ReplyDelete