Pages

Wednesday 13 April 2016

Baby Cards

Friends sometimes ask me for greetings cards and I usually take my box along to the patchwork group I attend as well.  I do try to keep a selection of cards suitable for various occasions but find that on the whole it is the birthday ones which sell mostly.  I seriously cannot remember when was the last time I was asked for a 'new baby' card until last week when two went from that category, leaving me with just a few 'baby girl' ones.  I set about making some today to top up the supplies and this is one of them using a cute owl stamp which is one of a set which I bought several years ago and which cover lots of situations one way and another.  The image was coloured using pencils.   I've found that most of the blue card and patterned paper which I see nowadays seems to be more turquoise rather than what I call a true blue - wonder why that is??  This piece of background paper from my stash is a really nice blue but I couldn't find any  suitable blue card to go with it so settled for kraft which is always a good standby.


Stamp - Whoo set of owl stamps from Joanna Sheen
Sentiment - from same stamp set
Banners - Sue Wilson dies
Circles - Tattered lace dies
Corners - Stampin' Up punch

5 comments:

  1. Cute! Bet that goes in no time at all! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. The image really made me smile. A very sweet baby boy card Val. Barbxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous Val, seeing this card reminded me I have these stamps somewhere (unused). I think Forgotten Friday needs to make a come back!!

    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. twit twoooo I love your card! very cute xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great baby card Val your owl image made me smile

    Anne

    ReplyDelete