I wanted to make a card for the Butterfly challenge HERE where the theme is alphabetical and this time around it is for Buttons and/or Bronze. All sorts of ideas were going through my head until I remembered I had some paper with a design of pearl buttons but of course it took me a while to actually find it!! Once found I then had to think about the bronze aspect and luckily I have some bronze acrylic paint which I used to paint onto a piece of black card. When this was dry I die cut a couple of butterflies and lightly sanded to show up the embossing before backing them with a cream layer. For the cream layer I embossed the card using the die and then carefully cut out with scissors. I've used a brown card with a slight bronze shimmer to cut out an oval and die cut a cream floral spray to which I've added the butterflies. Scraps of the card were used for the sentiment and some matching gems added.
Background - paper from K & Company acquired many years ago!
Butterflies - Crafter's Companion die
Floral Spray - Tonic die
Sentiment - stamped and cut with Stampin' Up punches