I decided to try a different bag design for my DIL using the elephant fabric which I know she will just love. This one was a little more complicated to construct with pockets outside on both sides and a zipped pocket in the lining. The handles are attached differently too using D-rings which I found a bit fiddly to do but I think the end result was worth the hassle. I've had my head down most of the day and not noticed how nice it is outside should really have gone for a walk maybe while the sun is shining.
Tuesday, 24 March 2015
I seem to have been bitten by the sewing bug at the moment and today I've made another bag and as it has been made from snippets of fabric I hope it is OK to pop it into the Pixie Snippets Challenge. I designed and made the appliqué panel and then trawled around my fabric collection for something to go with it until I came across this pretty fabric which I think was once a curtain. Yesterday while I was shopping I spotted a pink cotton sheet for £1 (ex M & S so good quality) so of course that had to come home with me. The appliqué flower has used up some snippets of colourful fabrics; the main bag snippets of the curtain and of course I snipped a piece from the cotton sheet for the lining which also has a pocket inside made from the main bag fabric. I really must get back to my craft room and my collection of card, dies and stamps or they will be feeling very neglected although there is just one more bag which I have actually planned to make for my DIL using some elephant print fabric once I've decided on a style for the bag.