Pages

Thursday 27 September 2012

Vintage Travel

The theme this week on Make My Monday is VINTAGE TRAVEL and I've managed to keep up this week and actually complete a card before the time ran out.  Apologies for missing the last two weeks of this challenge but time has been flying for me.  Backing paper here is from a wonderful script pad by Prima (almost too nice to cut into) and I've overstamped with stamps from Creative Expressions; the tickets and embellishment are also CE stamps.   The main image is from a set of vintage transport stamps by Tanda - a bit of Cuttlebug embossing and some tied twine and that's it - vintage travel which could be an 'any occasion' card suitable for a man.  I almost forgot to say that apart from the piece of Prima paper everything else on the card was made using scraps from my bits boxes.


11 comments:

  1. Stunning Val I'm still thinking what to do!
    Val x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the brown paper parcel tied up with string! Very evocative of olden days & just right for a gentleman of a certain age.
    Paula (PEP)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this card Val, it has a great vintage feel to it. Perfect for a man.

    Sue x

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad you made it for the MMM vintage travel this week Val, I missed you :)
    I love the vintage train image and men love trains!
    suzi b xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely vintage travel card Val...love your layout and inking great stamps too

    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Val, love your great mans card. Stunning. Hugs x ChrisB

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very clean lines but beautifully vintage too - it's a great image. Thanks for joining in at MMM this week - Jacqueline xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is BEAUTIFUL!!! LOVE the monochrome brown--and a gorgeous image! Thanks for joining us at MMM! :) Please consider entering my DT call--it's on my blog under the RMH hop post!

    ReplyDelete
  9. So pleased to see you again, missed you the last few weeks. I love your vintage travel, I agree suitable for any occasion for a male.loving all of the elements. Thanks for sharing with us again at MMM. Caz

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is just fabulous Val. Love the stamping and the texture you've added.
    Thanks for joining in with our vintage travel challenge at MMM.
    Fliss x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wonderful card Val! I don't normally like images of trains much but this one is lovely and the layers of stamping etc on this card are great. Fab collage effect too.

    Hugs
    Lesley Xx

    ReplyDelete