Saturday, 10 September 2011

Altered Beer Mats

Hello folks - a very quick post this morning before I dash off for another day of demonstrating beadwork.  A while ago there was a challenge on the Chocolate Baroque group to produce altered beer mats and here are a couple which I came up with. Hopefully after this weekend I will be back in the craft room catching up with challenges and so on (I may need to tidy up first though!!).

Thursday, 8 September 2011

LOTV Cutie

Apologies for not blogging much this week but I've been busy preparing for some beadwork demonstrations this weekend so there may not be much blogging then either!!  For this card I used one of the free Lili of the Valley images which were given away with a magazine a while ago.  Colouring was done with Copic pens and various backing papers were used from my stash but I can't recall the source because I often take pieces from various pads to match up for a project and then change my mind and don't use them all. The flowers are from a pot of mixed coloured ones with a Marianne die cut leaf and the greeting was a free download.

Tuesday, 6 September 2011

Make My Monday Challenge 14

The folks over on the Make My Monday blog have a new theme for the month of September - steampunk and for this first week they are asking for an ATC which something I've not made for simply ages as I find the small size a bit restrictive. However I decided to have a go and have actually come up with two - couldn't decide between them so they are both here (sorry I put one a bit crooked in the scanner). The one on the left has a sponged background with some overstamping using stamps from 7 Gypsies and the lettering in the top corner is a stamp from a teeny tiny set by Chocolate Baroque. The butterfly has been cut out and layered.  For the card on the right I first stamped part of a Christmas tree from Chocolate Baroque Steampunk Christmas using Versamark ink and embossed with clear powder before sponging and a bit more overstamping.  A Tim Holtz die was used to cut out a cog shape which was then run through a Cuttlebug embossing folder, sponged with colour and layered.  The hot air balloon from 7 Gypsies was stamped and cut out also.  I might say that this set of clear stamps from 7 Gypsies caused me a problem in that they were so difficult to remove from the carrier sheet I felt I was in danger of actually ripping them as they stretched to an alarming degree - thankfully no damage was done and they stamped nicely.

Sunday, 4 September 2011

CD Sunday - Peacocks

The challenge on the CD Sunday blog is 'inspired by peacocks' and there are prizes on offer too. I did a bit of 'thinking outside the box' and chose an image of a peacock butterfly from Joanna Sheen's CD of Jane Netley Mayhew designs - printed  onto pearlescent paper and decoupaged. Background paper is from Artylicious Peacock summer Party CD (Chocolate Baroque) and the Art Deco peacock feather was a Tanda stamp embossed in gold.

A Scheduled Post - I Hope!

I've just switched to the new interface on Blogger and thought I'd try out the scheduled post option to see how it goes.  This card was made using a Polkadoodles stamp from the Wonderland set coloured with Promarkers. Background papers are from Funky Hand and the sentiment was a free digi download but I'm afraid I can't recall who designed it.  I think I will probably stick with this new interface although it is quite an adventure searching for the various functions - I reckon the success of this scheduled post might be the deciding factor.