Pages

Friday 18 November 2011

Bah Humbug Challenge 45

One way and another I've not managed to get into the craft room much this week so today as I wasn't going out I decided I'd make a start on what I hope is a crafting weekend and make a little gift box for the Bah Humbug challenge.  They were asking for a gift bag or box as a change from cards so I decided to go with an idea which I saw on Jo's Blog so I can't really claim it was my idea but I have made a variation of what she produced.  Do go and take a look at her blog because there are some great tutorials on there for unusual items like this one.
I used the little milk carton Sizzix die from Stampin Up and cut a circular window from one of the sides and adhered a piece of vellum inside before making it up.  The roof on mine was made from a strip of card embossed and corners rounded.  The decoration on the little house was made using Pines and Poinsettias stamp set also from SU.  This particular house has a flashing tea-light inside (battery of course - not the candle type) but  you could of course use the box to hold a small gift. Unfortunately this doesn't show up particularly well on the photo which was taken using flash due to the light being poor this morning.  Jo managed to get much better photographs of hers and I'll propbably try again when the light improves.


9 comments:

  1. Wow I love that - what a fast entry to our challenge too? Must check out that blog it sounds like I could pick up some good ideas. Thanks for the link.
    Ann xxx
    Bah! Humbug! Dt

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely box Val and I see you have used some of the stamps from your new set we had on Saturday...
    love the box die...


    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a great little gift box Val. I must start my cards sooner next year and then I might have time to make some gift boxes too.

    Sue x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stupendous - that is soooooo cute

    Kathyk

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like the soft glow that the vellum gives & the traditional colours you used.
    Paula (PEP)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Absolutely fabulous project and such an exciting way to present a wee gift in. Will definitely check out that blog so cheers for the link. Thank you for sharing with us at Bah! Humbug!

    Luv'n'Stuff
    Max
    xx
    Max's Craft Creations
    Bah! Humbug! Challenges DT

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great little box for any kind of present.

    Colleen
    Guest Designer
    Bah! Humbug!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabulous gift box, great idea to put a tealight inside. Debs xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful box. Lovely for a Xmas gift. Hugs Rita xxx

    ReplyDelete