Pages

Wednesday 26 October 2011

Three Challenges

I've had to do something this week which I very rarely do and that is to cover three challenges with one card - I really prefer to do separate cards for each challenge.  Needs must but it actually took quite a bit of thought to co-ordinate my ideas to to do this which surprised me somewhat.  I'd just realised that this week was galloping away from me at an alarming rate so I'll try to do better next week!
The challenges covered are Forgotten Friday, Funky Hand and Make My Monday - fortunately the last two are both autumn themed and Forgotten Friday needed me to use something from my stash which had been neglected or forgotten.

Forgotten Friday - the neglected item is the Nestability die set with the spikey circles which I've hardly ever used although I really needed it at the time.

Funky Hand - their monthly theme is autumn and I've used papers from the Craft The Year Away CD and the  bird is also on the same disc - he has been paper pieced with a jewel for an eye.  I chose papers from the Orange October collection (seemed appropriate!!).

Make My Monday - again an autumn theme for the month and this week they were looking for orange and black.  I suppose the obvious thing would have been Halloween but as I don't have anything much for that and don't really 'do' Halloween I just used the colours.  A Spellbinder die cut border across the centre, a computer sentiment some matching card candy and there it is - one card covering three challenges.


20 comments:

  1. This is a wonderful card. Your paper piecing of the digital stamp is fab! Thanks for joining in with this months Get Funky Challenge.
    Anice xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well Val this really is a 'funky' card and what great little image, also lovely Autumn colours.


    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fab card with all the autumnal colours - looks just right for Halloween!! Love the paper piecing and the gem for his eye - really brings him to life.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great autumnal card Val,that bird definitely has attitude! Loved your comment about finding something that you'd hardly ever used but just had to had to have at the time!!
    Val x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Val, I have that spikey circles set too, not often used, but I loved it when I bought it. I sometimes use it to make layered flowers, but not much else. Love the colour scheme, very topical for this time of year, and the bird is great.
    Thanks for joining in my Forgotten Friday post. Judith xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great feel of Autumn this has got, I love the colours. I think we must all be guilty of buying something we just have to have, and then not using it.

    Sue x

    ReplyDelete
  7. omgosh i totally love it!! orange october is one of my absolute favourites and this card is just wonderful!!
    thank you so much for getting funky with us this month!
    hugs Lou xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. A really cute card, love the bird, he's different. Thanks again for your wonderful support at MMM. hugs Caz

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great fun card - lovely colours too. Thank you for joining in again at Make My Monday - Jacqueline xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a great card--love your used of the Spellbinders for the middle and the use of a computer sentiment! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is so different & really appeals to my idea of playing with colours. That Spellbinder border is quite something & I love the way the white image panel makes the image panel itself really stand out.
    Paula (PEP)

    ReplyDelete
  12. PS - Forgot to mention how effective the single jewel is especially when combined with all the dotty designs/patterns.
    Paula (PEP)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Val... great ornge and black card, love the bird! he's keeping an eye on us!
    Thank you for continuing to join the Make My Monday challenge.
    Congratulations on being in the top three last week.
    Suzi B xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a great card. Thanks for joining in again over on Make My Monday.

    Cathx

    ReplyDelete
  15. A really fun card Val and just love that cute image. Great background papers too.
    Thanks for joining in with the Make My Monday challenge this week and wishing you good luck.
    Fliss xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great combination of papers and image! Thanks for entering the Get Funky! Challenge – hope you can join us again next time on the Funky Fifteenth! Get Funky!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love the way you used the colours to make this cheerful card. There's a portuguese feel about it I think!

    ReplyDelete
  18. what a great card
    thanks for playing along with Get Funky this month
    AllisonX

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love the way you've used the papers and that fab Funky image! Thanks for joining in with this month's Get Funky Challenge

    ReplyDelete
  20. ohhh this is fab! I love the paper piecing! I struggle with combining challenges....sometimes it's harder to do that even though it's supposed to save time! Thanks so much for playing along with us over at Get Funky!

    ReplyDelete