Pages

Friday 3 June 2011

Forgotten Friday 19

I know I keep saying this, but I just find it hard to believe that it is Friday again already and time for Judith's Forgotten Friday challenge where we use something which has lain neglected and unused.  Well I have to confess that the stamps used on this card were bought in a fit of enthusiasm probably a couple of years ago as I thought they would be really good for men's cards but sadly although I mounted them on cling and filed them away they have never actually been used until now.  I made this card  (with the challenge in mind) on Monday when it rained steadily all day - well it was Bank Holiday!! The background is core-dinations card embossed using a mask, sanded and distressed.  The next layer is some brilliant Kraft card from Papermania which has lines printed like a ledger or notebook and I punched the edge with an EK success punch.  I stamped a few random images on this using some teeny tiny stamps which are from Chocolate Baroque and are so useful for this type of design.  the main image was made up on watercolour paper using stamps from the Vintage Games set by Creative Expressions and a couple of stamps which came as a subscription gift with Craft Stamper many moons ago (Paper Artsy).  The final addition was a dimensional sticker from a set which I bought when I started making cards and thought that everything came ready made to stick on - I've learnt that this isn't the case but I thought it went with this card quite well and I must use up some of the 'stuff' which I have hanging around.

3 comments:

  1. Great card Val, that mask is fab, I haven't seen that one. Kraft card is so good for Men's cards, and that Papermania range is brilliant, and affordable. The CB stamps look great on it. All of your finishing touches are just great. Thanks for joining in again this week, Judith xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. A great card for a man Val...funny how we find things hidden away in cupboards but you have done justice to those forgotten stamps

    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just the right colour for a mans card Val. I always struggle when making them, but you've come up trumps with this one. I have those little stamps, and as yet they are unused, I don't want to leave them so long that I'm getting them out to use next year on a Forgotten Friday Challenge.
    Sue

    ReplyDelete