Pages

Monday 30 May 2011

Forgotten Friday 18

For Judith's Forgotten Friday Challenge this week I decided to dig out my Harlequin Butterfly stamps from Elusive Images (now Chocolate Baroque) as I know I've not used them for absolutely ages and there are some brilliant images in the set. Looking through my stamps  makes me realise just how many I seem to have amassed over the years - maybe too many!! I stamped onto heavy watercolour paper and embossed the image so that I could colour the background using Distress Inks - image was stamped twice and the flowers were cut out, painted using DI with a water brush and layered over the original.  Background paper is from Echoes of Italy collection and has been overstamped and sponged.  Stamps used on the background are also from Chocolate Baroque.

3 comments:

  1. This is gorgeous Val, I love it! This theme plate and the others that went with it are some of my very favourites! and I never use them these days... will have to put that right!
    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a lovely card Val, the colours are just so pretty. I love the background with the big flourish corners and the sequin waste. The torn watercolour paper is a lovely touch. I use watercolour paper a lot instead of regular card, I prefer it for the finish, to be honest.
    Those Echose of Italy papers are just about my favourites, and I amassed a stock pile a while back. I am being a bit stingy as to how I use them though!

    Thanks for joining in again this week, Judith xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful card Val. I love the stamps from this collection. Mind you I like the new stamps that are in this months newsletter, definatly on my to get list.
    Sue

    ReplyDelete