I keep saying it but the weeks really do come so quickly and it is Bah Humbug challenge time again and this week it is a Christmas song or carol. I've used some more of my Papermania monochrome papers this week together with a Papermania stamp with Silent Night music. I also added a vellum layer embossed using a Sizzix three dots embossing folder which I think looks a bit like falling snow and I've added some Cuttlebutg glittery snowflakes - a crafty move really as they hide the glue holding down the vellum layer!!
Saturday, 4 September 2010
Friday, 3 September 2010
This is another Golden Wedding card in a different style - this time using stamps from the Crafters Companion SWALK stamp set and backing paper from their CD. I added a Martha Stewart punched heart border and some Sizzix die cut corners and a touch of stickles for the champagne bubbles.
Thursday, 2 September 2010
I recently bought one of the Marianne butterfly dies and I must say I was surprised at the size because it is larger than I imagined and I also had a struggle to actually remove the cut shape from the die and it was a real fiddle to remove all the 'waste' bits using a pokey tool. I do like the finished butterfly though so probably worth the hassle. Background paper is from my bits box, large die cut shape is a Sizzix die cut out and then embossed with Cuttlebug swiss dots; flowers from Wild Orchid Crafts were tinted with matching Copic pen. Finished off with some ribbon, a computer greeting and Cuttlebug corners. I later tried running the die through with some waxed paper and the next butterfly was a bit easier to remove so maybe that is the solution.
Wednesday, 1 September 2010
A friend asked me to make a golden Wedding card and this one was made using image and background paper from a My Craft Studio CD but I'm not totally happy with it so will probably make a couple of different ones so she has a choice. The problem I think in this case is that I don't really like composing layouts in portrait format - I'm much more comfortable with square or landscape layouts. The matching insert in this case was portrait format so I did make this card which is A5 adding some gold mirri card, die cut numbers and a computer sentiment.
Monday, 30 August 2010
Another item I came across during a recent tidy up was this rose made at a recent demonstration using Papermania Build a Rose stamps so decided to make it up into a card. The background was made using spongeing and masking techniques and the rose components were stamped onto another piece of thin card coloured with the same Big and Juicy ink pad. The assembled flower was mounted onto a Nestabilities shape embossed with Cuttlebug swiss dots folder and the sentiment is a stamp from the same stamp set.
Sunday, 29 August 2010
I've made this card for a friend who collects pigs - not real ones of course but she does like them to look realistic. I remembered there was this piggy image on Joanna Sheen's Jane Netley Mayhew CD so printed off an image with one of the background papers, added a punched border, a matching flower and some card candy. I hope she likes it because another friend said "you just cannot send a card with a picture of a pig" but I'm sure it will be OK.